Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day 1, Post Script

The run was awesome!

Starting with week three of C25k was a glorious decision. It was tough, but not too tough. I feel good. Really, really good.

One difference between now and the last time I did C25k is that I decided to run for distance, instead of time (check out the program at www.coolrunning.com if you don't know what I'm talking about). I'm happy about the switch, but since I don't have a treadmill or track to run on, I had to map it out in my neighborhood (used mapmyrun.com). To make it easy, Ed and I ran up and down our street five times and used driveways as landmarks to keep track of the distance. Luckily we went after dark, so we don't look like complete nuts to our neighbor - haha!

The other difference is the sweet relief of Albuterol. Two puffs on my inhaler before the run and I was good to go. If only I'd known I have asthma sooner. I've literally been avoiding any physical exertion in cool/cold weather since I was in elementary school. Wow.

So, in summary:

"I feel good. na na Na-Na na na NA"

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment